Based on the current global epidemiological situation and emergence of new variants of viruses that cause COVID-19, the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar has decided to strengthen preventive measures especially with regard to International Travel as follows from 26 June, 2021.
1. All travellers (except for children below age of 5) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival. The test should be based on Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) taken within 72 hours before arrival to Zanzibar.
2. All travelers arriving from India, South Africa, Uganda, DRC Congo, United Kingdom (UK), United State of America (USA), Peru, Brazil, Philippines or Indonesia shall be subjected to rapid test at Point of Entry at a cost of USD 25. To skip long queues for manual payment upon arrival, book Rapid test for arrival and pay online (Mastercard/Visa) using the following link: https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz.
NB: The list of countries will be updated based on WHO daily updates on COVID-19 variants
3. Due to existing technical problems of online Traveller’s Surveillance Form, all travellers to fill out the Traveller’s Surveillance Form manually before arrival to Zanzibar.
4. All arriving travelers will be subjected to enhanced screening measures at port of entries. Travellers with signs and symptoms of COVID-19, will be tested and if found Positive shall be managed at designated health facilities according to Zanzibar operational guidelines.
5. Travelers subjected to mandatory quarantine shall choose a place from the list of Hotels designated by the Government. Returning residents will be allowed to isolate themselves in their homes subject to adherence with the Zanzibar COVID-19 guidelines.
6. While in the country, all international travelers and returning residents shall adhere to Infection Prevention and Control measures as required.
7. All arriving conveyances must provide in advance a passenger’s manifest to allow the authorities at the Points of Entry to scrutinize the presence of high-risk passengers.
8. Crew members will be subjected to enhanced screening at Points of Entry and may be quarantined or isolated at designated facilities at their own cost in case they are confirmed of the disease
9. A negative COVID-19 test result on departure from Zanzibar is not needed by travellers unless required by the airline or country of destination.