Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania in France (Ambassade de la République Unie de Tanzanie)
The Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania in Paris is also accredited in Spain, in Portugal, in Morocco and in Tunisia. The bilateral and multilateral activities of the Embassy extend in all these countries.
The Tanzania Government having adopted for economic diplomacy as a priority of its foreign policy, the principal activities of the Embassy therefore consist of promoting Tanzania tourism by exposing its touristic assets, supporting co-operation between economic actors in Tanzania and these countries and facilitating investment by presenting all the opportunities open to foreign investors.
At the multilateral level the Embassy maintains close relations and actively participates in the various organizations based in its areas of accreditation - UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation), the BIE (International Bureau of Exhibitions), the OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) in Paris and the WTO (World Tourism Organization) in Madrid - Spain.
The Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the governments and the peoples of the United Republic of Tanzania and Algeria. The Embassy’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A. Political Matters
- Maintenance, promotion and expansion of good political relations between Tanzania and France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco and Tunisia.
- Promotion and defense of the political and economic interests of Tanzania in France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco and Tunisia.
- Promotion and defense of the interests of Tanzanian citizens in France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco and Tunisia.
B. Consular Matters
- Visa issuance
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania national abroad
- Issuance of Emergence Travel documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals in distress abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificates
- Passport endorsements
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems.
B: Commercial activities
D. Other Matters
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of our accreditation
- Promoting cultural exchanges between Tanzania and other countries in the area of our accreditation
- Educational and Scientific cooperation